*Individual results may vary.
No more painful waxing, electrolysis or razors!* CoolGlide Laser Systems deliver 21st century technology for treatment of this distressing problem.* Cleared for long lasting hair reduction, CoolGlide lasers can treat men and women of all skin tones safely and effectively.*
Hair growth stages:
- Active growth phase (Anagen phase)This is BEST stage to disable hair growth. The Anagen phase will last up to several years. At any given time, the majority (85%) of our body hair is in this phase. During anagen, the hair follicle is directly connected to the blood vessels and the hair has an abundance of melanin.The laser targets the melanin of the hair. That is why this is the best time to see effectiveness from the laser hair removal because of an abundance of melanin during active growth phase.* Laser will cut off the blood supply to hairs, all of the hair in the target area will be affected during the laser procedure but only the hair follicles in the Anagen phase will be disabled.* Laser hair removal treatments are done over time because all of the hairs are not 100% in the Anagen phase, but levels approximating 80 to 90% is possible.
- Regressive phase (Catagen phase) Hairs cannot be disabled. The hair is not visible and capable of absorbing the laser light and therefore cannot be targeted. Hairs are no longer connected to the blood supply. The Catagen phase will last about two weeks, during which the hair stops growing but is not yet shed. About 3 – 4% of our body hair is in this phase at any given time.
- Resting phase (Telogen phase)Hair is no longer connected to anything and it is preparing to fall out. The hair is not visible and capable of absorbing the laser light and therefore cannot be targeted. The Telogen phase will lasts 5 – 6 weeks, at the end of which the hair falls out and a new hair begins to form. Approximately 10-13% of our body hair is in this phase at any one time.
Hair Removal Before & After Photos
* Individual results may vary.
Hair Removal FAQs
What areas can be treated with CoolGlide systems?
The CoolGlide Laser System can remove hair from all parts of the body including face, legs, arms, underarms, and Back.* It can also treat sensitive areas like the chest, nipples and bikini line.*
How do CoolGlide lasers compare with other hair removal methods?
Shaving, waxing and depilatory creams are all temporary methods which must be repeated on a frequent basis. CoolGlide lasers offer long term hair reduction for lasting results.*
How many treatments will I need?
Most areas require multiple treatments, however some areas with more stubborn hair may require more.* The number of CoolGlide treatments you may require for optimal long-term benefits depends on various factors such as your hairs thickness, the area treated, and your hairs growth cycle. Interestingly, not all hairs are actively growing at the same time, but actually go through three distinct phases: growth, regression, and resting. CoolGlide systems work by disabling the hair that is principally in the active growth phase at the time of treatment.* Since other hairs will enter this active growth phase at different times, additional treatments may be necessary to disable all of the hair follicles in a given area.*
What are the possible side effects?
Although patients experience few side effects, the most commonly noticed are slight reddening of the skin, similar to a sunburn.* These effects typically last for a few hours or less.* In rare instances, blistering may occur.
What do CoolGlide laser treatments feel like?
As the name implies the CoolGlide hand piece cools and soothes as it glides along your skin. When the pulse of light is delivered, some patients experience a mild pinching or stinging sensation while others feel nothing. No local anesthesia or pain medication required, however some patients may prefer to use a topical anesthetic when sensitive areas are treated.
Is there any restrictions on my activity after treatment?
Following the treatment you can return to your normal activities right away.* However, since some redness may occur, you may want to plan your work or social engagements accordingly. The use of sunscreen is recommended on any treated areas exposed to the sun. As always, it is a good idea to limit your sun exposure.
Why choose CoolGlide lasers over other laser hair removal systems?
Using the latest technology in laser hair removal, CoolGlide Laser systems can rapidly treat large areas without the limitations of older technologies.* The CoolGlide systems longer wavelength allows it to be used safely and effectively on patients with light or dark skin as well as tanned skin.* Unlike other systems, CoolGlide lasers can treat the fine hair on a woman’s upper lip just as easily and effectively as the coarse hair on a mans back.* The cooled hand piece increases patients comfort and minimizes the adverse skin reaction commonly seen with other lasers.
* Individual results may vary.